All in. These All In Cookie Bars have a thick chocolate chip cookie base packed full with add-ins you have in your pantry. To create these, I literally grabbed bits and pieces of ingredients from half empty packages. This is the perfect recipe to use up that random bag of pecans, different chocolate ships, etc. Toss them all in! With that in mind, you won’t need to stick exactly to the add-ins I used here. We’ll get into that as we get to each step of the recipe.
Step By Step
Let’s get into the details of these All In Cookie Bars! In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. This makes for even distribution when you mix into the wet ingredients. Set the dry ingredients to the side and grab a large mixing bowl. I like to use a stand mixer but you can absolutely use a hand mixer. In the large bowl, beat together both sugars with the butter until light in texture. Mix in the eggs and vanilla then gradually add in those dry ingredients until just combined.
Here is where the All In Cookie Bars get fun and can be customized. Let me start by telling you what I used: pecan pieces, semi-sweet chocolate chunks, dark chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, pretzel pieces. Ultimately, you want a mix of sweet and salty add ins and don’t skimp on whichever ingredient is your favorite. No pretzels on hand? Use plain potato chips or gold fish crackers. No pecans? Use walnuts or peanuts. Use whatever type of chocolate you have on hand – dark, milk, white, whatever. Toffee bits are another fun sweet option. If you have large marshmallows instead of minis, just cut them up and toss the pieces in. Get creative! Whatever add ins you use, toss them all into the dough together and stir them in by hand so as to not over mix the dough. Feel free to sprinkle a few on top before baking as well.
All In Cookie Bars
- 1 Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 1 8×8 baking pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Add Ins – can be customized based on what you have on hand
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup pretzel pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar until light in texture.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- With a sturdy wooden spoon, stir in add ins of your choice.
- Press dough into prepared baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until golden in color and a test stick comes out clean.
- Once cooled, cut into 16 squares and enjoy!