This seems like the hottest summer we’ve had in my nine years of living in Texas. Maybe I’m just feeling the pain of not being able to cool off in a swimming pool or at a movie theater but this heat is miserable. While doing my best to stay put at home due to COVID19, I’ve been looking for fun ways to stay cool. My family and I primarily stay inside but lets face it, a three year old needs to get outside to burn energy every once in a while. We’ve mostly taken to playing with the hose out on our driveway (fire ants keep us off the lawn). If we are lucky, we hit a day that is below 80 degrees in the morning and go for a walk but that isn’t often. I don’t think I’ve ever wished so badly to have a pool in my own backyard!
The Cool Down
Given all this heat, you know I’m not spending much time using the oven or even the stovetop right now. Instead, my work from home lunches are consisting of sandwiches and fresh fruit. That sweet tooth still needs attention too though. Bring on the no churn ice cream!!! What I love about no churn is that it is so darn easy to make but also, the flavor options are endless. I often grab whatever looks good from the pantry and just create as the mood strikes. This time around, I had a small bottle of bourbon sitting on my counter and some leftover pecan pieces tucked away in my freezer. I love it when ingredients from other recipes can easily come together for something new. Go ahead and make this incredible no churn bourbon pecan ice cream with chocolate swirls. Tuck in the back of the freezer until the kids have gone to bed and then indulge!
No Churn Bourbon Pecan Ice Cream With Chocolate Swirls
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- In a large, chilled bowl, beat heavy cream on high until soft peaks form.
- Beat sweetened condensed milk, bourbon, brown sugar, vanilla and salt into heavy cream until fully incorporated.
- Stir pecans into ice cream mixture.
- Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan. Drizzle half of the melted chocolate over ice cream in pan. Swirl chocolate into ice cream mixture with a knife. Repeat this process with second half of ice cream and chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Double boiler – place a heat safe bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir your chocolate chips/pieces in the bowl until it is fully melted.
- Microwave – heat chocolate chips/pieces in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds then stir. Repeat this until chocolate is fully melted.
This was an amazing recipe! Easiest ice cream I’ve ever made.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Easy (and delicious, of course) is always my goal!