Let’s just dive right in, shall we? Fall flavors are my favorite when it comes to desserts. Sure, I’ll gladly eat baked goods from any season, but Fall is where my heart is. And my latest obsession is this recipe for Pumpkin Blondies. With just ten ingredients, the hardest part of this recipe will be waiting for the butter to soften.
Mise en Place
Here we go.. Soften that butter!!! Set it out first thing in the morning so you know it will be ready when you get going on these pumpkin blondies. I know, we all have days where we forget to soften the butter in time. If that is the case, pull the butter out of the fridge first and then start setting up the rest of your ingredients. Preheat your oven. Pull your ingredients out of the fridge/pantry, grab your measuring cups and baking pan. Line your baking pan with parchment paper or sprtiz it with a light coating of non-stick spray. Measure everything out. Once you’ve got all this set, your butter may nearly be softened already.
Ingredients & Equipment
Make sure you are using pumpkin puree for these pumpkin blondies. I know the canned pumpkin pie filling will be right there on the same shelf but that is not what you want. We are going to add the pumpkin spice ourselves so we don’t need the pre-spiced filling.
I prefer to use a stand mixer for this recipe because you can cream the butter and brown sugar without tiring your arm. Plus, as long as that butter is softened ahead of time, you can measure and mix your dry ingredients while the mixer works on that butter/brown sugar mixture. However, a hand mixer can absolutely do the job. Stand mixer or hand mixer… either way, make sure you cream those ingredients until it becomes a light, almost fluffy consistency.
Once you’ve got that butter/sugar mixture ready, you’ll mix in your eggs and vanilla. Then mix in the pumpkin puree – it will not fully combine at this point but get it equally distributed. Stir in your dry ingredients and then finally stir in the chocolate chips. Spread it out in your prepared baking pan and then sprinkle your flaked salt on (if you choose to use it). You are now 30 minutes away from you house smelling amazing and indulging in these delicious pumpkin blondies.
Before I give you this full pumpkin blondies recipe, I have to give a shout out to some of my other Fall desserts. Pumpkin Bars. Lemon Iced Ginger Cookies. Pumpkin Pecan Pie. Pumpkin Bread. Which one is my favorite? All of them. Now, without further ado… here is the full Pumpkin Blondies recipe.
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon flaked salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or spritz pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Scrape sides of bowl as needed. When you think you have it fully combined, scrape the sides again and continue beating the mixture for a few more minutes.
- Mix eggs and vanilla into butter/sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and add pumpkin puree. The puree will not fully combine but you want it evenly distributed.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. If using flaked salt, sprinkle over batter. Bake 30 minutes or until test toothpick come out almost clean.