I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but lately I’ve been on a big comfort food kick. One Pot Vegetarian Chili. Semi Homemade Pot Pie. Orange Spiced Monkey Bread. Guess what? The trend is not ending just yet. While we’ve had some random, gorgeous, warm days here in San Antonio, we’re mostly still experiencing colder temperatures. After spending six years living in Buffalo, NY and another 3 years living in picturesque Colorado, I’ve done my time in cold weather and truly prefer warmer days throughout most of the year. My coping mechanism for dealing with cold temperatures is cozy comfort food. Anyone surprised by this? I didn’t think so, lol.
I’ve been working hard to fine tune my corn bread recipe and I finally have it down. This definitely wasn’t one of those recipes that came together on the first or even second try for me. But let me tell you, it was worth all the trial and error! Just as it says in the name, this corn bread is super moist and fluffy. Most importantly, it is also incredibly easy to make. Say goodbye to dry, crumbly, bland cornbread forever – this is the only recipe you need.
Super Moist & Fluffy Cornbread
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line an 8x8baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together milk and vinegar. Stir honey and egg into milk mixture. Slowly pour in melted butter while constantly stirring quickly.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake 45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.