My husband and I are pretty active in our church and this naturally leads to potluck meals a few times per year. My husband’s answer to bringing a dish is always “Let’s just pick something up from the store on the way to the party.” I, on the other hand, never even think of this as an option until he mentions it. Instead, I go through my mental rolodex of easy recipes and some sort of cookie usually wins out. I’m honestly not sure why I feel obligated to bring something homemade. I don’t expect it of others and I’m pretty confident others don’t expect it of me. Then again, homemade always tastes better than store bought, even with a simple recipe.
Easy Fruit Salad
This weekend we attended a pool party and you guessed it, it was a potluck situation! I’ve been obsessed with fresh fruit lately so cookies didn’t even make the short list of ideas for once. Instead, I made my rainbow fruit salad. Guys, this is so easy and so delicious! I promise, the hardest part of this recipe is cutting some fruit and there isn’t even very much to cut. This rainbow fruit salad is so refreshing but it will also satisfy your sweet tooth – this counts as a win-win in my book!
- Don’t be afraid to swap out some of the fruits for whatever is seasonal. Ultimately, the goal is about 8-10 cups of FRESH fruit.
- I always like to add a few berries to my fruit salad because they don’t require cutting. Just wash and toss them into the mix!
Rainbow Fruit Salad
- 1 large peach
- 3 kiwi
- 1 mango
- 12 oz raspberries
- 11 oz bluberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup (honey can be substituted)
- juice of 1 lime
- Rinse all fruits and peel kiwi and mango. (optional to peel peach)
- Cut peach, kiwi, and mango into bite sized pieces.
- Place all prepared fruit and mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle fruit with agave and lime juice.
- Gently stir until fruit is evenly coated with agave and lime juice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply