FIVE SPICE CITRUS SALAD
The perfect salad to take advantage of seasonal citrus.
- 6 oranges (I used blood oranges, tangelos, sumo citrus)
- 3 grapefruit (I used one large and two small)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cut citrus fruits into ¼' slices, removing seeds as they are found. Cut rinds off of slices then place slices on paper towels to absorb excess any juice. Move citrus slices to a serving platter and top with pomegranate, feta and mint. In a small bowl, mix together honey, Chinese five spice and vanilla. Drizzles honey mixture over citrus salad as desired.