Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
This soup is easy to make and has a warm, gentle smoky flavor to it. Delicious.
- 1 lb dry black beans, rinsed
- 15oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- Optional Garnishes: sour cream, avocado, green onions, crumbled tortilla chips
Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
Cook on high for 6 hours or until beans are tender.
Serve with garnishes as desired.