No Churn Bourbon Pecan Ice Cream With Chocolate Swirls
Soft serve bourbon ice cream with pecans and chocolate swirls - no churn required.
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
In a large, chilled bowl, beat heavy cream on high until soft peaks form.
Beat sweetened condensed milk, bourbon, brown sugar, vanilla and salt into heavy cream until fully incorporated.
Stir pecans into ice cream mixture.
Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan. Drizzle half of the melted chocolate over ice cream in pan. Swirl chocolate into ice cream mixture with a knife. Repeat this process with second half of ice cream and chocolate. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably overnight.
Techniques for melting chocolate:
- Double boiler - place a heat safe bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir your chocolate chips/pieces in the bowl until it is fully melted.
- Microwave - heat chocolate chips/pieces in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds then stir. Repeat this until chocolate is fully melted.