Easy Pasta Salad
An easy to make pasta salad that can be used as a side dish or an entree.
- 1 lb small pasta such as orecchiette, shells or elbow noodles
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons (divided) olive oil
- 15 oz canned chickpeas
- 12 oz small tomatoes - mixed variety, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into 1/4" slices then quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: protein such as tofu, grilled bratwurst, or grilled chicken
Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta then rinse with cold water until cooled.
Transfer pasta to a large bowl and stir together with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber and red onion then toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, Italian herb seasoning and salt. Pour over pasta and gently stir until pasta is evenly coated. Top with protein of choice if desired.