Three Bean Pita Sandwich
This three bean pita sandwich turns pantry staples into a delicious meal.
- 15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 4 6" whole wheat pita breads, cut in half
For the dressing
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, mix together all of the beans, vegetables and fresh herbs. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir until evenly coated.
When ready to eat, use a slotted spoon to scoop bean salad into pita halves.