Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
My go-to salad recipe - perfect as a side salad or turn it into your main dish.
- 5 large handfuls kale, destemmed and torn into pieces
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons roasted & salted pepita seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the Vinaigrette
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Place kale, lemon zest and salt in a large pan with 1 tablespoon of water. Sauté 2-3 minutes or until kale is bright green and slightly tender. Remove from heat immediately and put kale in a medium bowl.
Toss kale with pepitas, parmesan and red pepper flakes until ingredients are evenly distributed.