Homemade pancakes with a little extra joy.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup rainbow jimmies/sprinkles
- Optional toppings: butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, more sprinkles
Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Stir in the melted butter, milk and vanilla. Stir in the egg and then the sprinkles.
Scoop about a ¼ cup of batter onto the heated griddle. Depending on the size of your griddle, you can make more than one pancake at a time. Cook until batter starts to bubble on top and bottom is golden brown. Flip and continue cooking until the second side is also golden brown (about 1 minute). Remove from griddle and continue this process until all batter is used.