Flavorful, moist and easy to make - I’m sure you’ll fall in love with this beautiful pumpkin bread.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted pepitas (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar together. Mix in pumpkin puree then add in eggs and vanilla.
Stir in half of the dry ingredients. Add milk and stir to combine. Stir in remaining dry ingredients.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with pepitas. Bake 55-60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- In a pinch, you can sub the brown sugar for white sugar. The brown sugar brings out the flavors of the spices a bit more but you’ll get a taller rise from the bread with white sugar.
- You can butter and flour your loaf pans if you don’t have parchment paper.