Southwestern Hash Brown Waffles
A hearty breakfast dish that is easy to freeze and reheat as needed.
Servings: 8 wedges
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup frozen hash browns
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapeño, stemmed, cored and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat waffle iron on medium high setting.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs together. Stir all remaining ingredients into eggs.
Spray heated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop ¾ cup of the mixture onto the waffle iron (amount will vary based on the size of your waffle iron). Close iron and cook until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes).
Let waffles cool completely. Cut into wedges and freeze in freezer bags. To reheat, remove from freezer bag and microwave 30 seconds.
- Depending on the size of your family, you might want to double this recipe.
- No waffle iron? Feel free to scoop some of the mixture onto a skillet and cook these like you would a pancake.