Panzanella Summer Salad
The perfect salad for your summer finds from the farmer's market.
- 6 cups rustic multigrain bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium, ripe tomatoes of mixed variety, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 ripe peaches, cut in half & sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 10 large basil leaves cut into thin strips
For the salad dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread bread pieces out on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Bake 6 minutes or until lightly toasted, not browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
In a large bowl, gently toss together toasted bread with
tomatoes, peaches, red onion and basil.
For the salad dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small
bowl. Drizzle over salad as desired.